|Oops. A little cheesecake fell into my pumpkin.|
|Of course, a generous dollop of whipped cream was required. It just was.|
This recipe creates a dense cheesecake with a light pumpkin flavour. I've had cinnamon and pumpkin haters happily eat this dessert. It is also my only cheesecake recipe that has never cracked after baking! The cinnamon topping was a quick last minute idea also, but it turned out so well that certain people have forbidden me from making this recipe without it!
Makes 8-10 servings
- 1 and 1/2 cup crushed graham crackers
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 16oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9-inch cake tin and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter in a bowl. Press graham mixture into the bottom of the cake tin and set aside.
- Place cream cheese in a large mixing bowl and beat until smooth. Add the rest of the filling ingredients and mix until combined, preferably with a hand blender for maximum smoothness. Pour cheese mixture onto prepared graham crust.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes until barely browning on edges and slightly puffed up. Let cool at room temperature and then refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- A few minutes before serving, prepare the topping. Place all topping ingredients in a large mixing bowl and whisk with an electric whisk on high speed until stiff peaks form. Spread topping on cheesecake and serve!
|I hope you enjoy :)|