|Salty, buttery, easy deliciousness for one.|
Stay tuned for posts - I have some time for baking projects in the near future, so you will soon see some sugar-packed goodness on this blog. I've got a fruit and caramel eggless cake in the works and plans to transform my healthy banana muffins into something special. Yum :)
Buttery Miso Mushrooms
Makes 1 serving
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 cups quartered white or cremini mushrooms
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp shiro (white) miso paste (try to stay away from pastes that contain MSG)
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and saute for 6-8 minutes, stirring every minute or so. They should be starting to brown by the end of this stage.
- Add half of the water and all of the garlic to the pan (careful - it will hiss and steam a bit!). Give it a quick stir and cover the pan.
- After 2-3 minutes uncover the pan. Continue to cook the mushrooms for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently, or until the water has evaporated and they are browned to your liking.
- Add the remaining water and miso paste. Stir mushrooms constantly until the water has evaporated and the mushrooms are coated with the miso.
- Take the pan off the heat and stir in the spring onion. Transfer the mushrooms to a bowl and serve (preferably to yourself :-P)!
|I hope you enjoy :)|