|Bowl o' goodness.|
Vegetarian Ramen with Squash
Makes 1 serving
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp mirin
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 to 1 tsp sriracha (note: using a full teaspoon will definitely give you a kick in the pants! le spicy)
- 1 cup uncooked quick noodles (note: I used egg noodles, but there are several varieties of quick noodles available. Basically anything that takes only a few minutes to cook in boiling water should lend itself well to this recipe. You can also up this amount by 1/2 cup if you don't like a high broth-to-noodle ratio.)
- 1/2 cup cubed butternut squash or pumpkin, steamed
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Heat the vegetable broth in a small or medium saucepan over a low-medium heat.
- Stir in the soy, garlic, curry powder, sesame oil, mirin, and sriracha. Continue to heat for a minute or two, stirring occasionally.
- Bring the broth mixture to a boil and add noodles. Cook according to instructions on the noodle package.
- Once the noodles are cooked, take the saucepan off of the heat. Add the squash and spring onion to the saucepan. Pour the soup into a bowl, garnish with sesame seeds, and serve!
|I hope you enjoy :)|